9 October 2023

80

I don’t usually put personal ‘stuff’ up on the blog or on Facebook.  Mainly because I don’t think I’m interesting enough.
Well last week I hit 80 years old.  My lovely neighbours across the road took me out to lunch, gave me presents including flowers (see pictures) and that was lovely.  Another neighbour invited me round for a drink in the evening and we decided to have a ‘knit and natter’ evening.  BUT it turned out it was a surprise party with lovely friends and neighbours.  I was absolutely gobsmacked and had a MEGA evening with pressies, flowers and lovely nibbles’

Friday it was back to normal or thereabouts!!!!

Saturday more flowers arrived from friends who live ‘round the corner’ and my daughters plus other family all turned up with 3 out of 4 grandkids plus one girlfriend.  The weather was amazingly warm so we sat in the garden.  Around three o’clock they told me we were going out.  They ‘marched’ me into town to one of the big hotels where they’d arranged afternoon tea with Prosecco as well.  It was WONDERFUL 

We came home after and again it was warm enough to sit in the garden until it was dusk.  My son in law produced an amazing chilli con carne ‘out of the blue’ which was great as I’d not been told that any of this was happening.  WHAT a joy to be 80.  

I’m not sure what the family think but I’ve told them that next year I’m going to be 80 again.  Again and again and again.  THANK YOU to you ALL for an amazing birthday.















17 comments:

Maureen said...

You look absolutely wonderful, and so do all the birthday treats!! High Tea and flowers and I can see some tatting under one of the vases.
Congratulations on a significant birthday,and many more!

Jane McLellan said...

How fabulous to be spoilt like that! Happy birthday and many more 80ths to come!!

Lavinia said...

Happy birthday! And many happy 80th birthdays from now on too! :)
Amazing! I honestly would have never believed that age, you seem so full of energy and a really fun person. And a real inspiration too!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate turning 80 for the first time! I wish you many more happy and healthy 80s.

Pigmini said...

You can be 80 again next year.... Celebrate 'unbirthdays' for the next 9 years!!! That way you are only 80!! LOL

Eleanor said...

Happy birthday!!! How loved and appreciated you are!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jane. You had a wonderful. 80 birthday. So happy for you.

Crazy Mom! said...

I'm so happy that your family and friends celebrated you for the amazing person you are!!!! So glad you are my friends too....
much love
Sandra

dani, the geek said...

nice!
many happy returns of the day!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your family, friends, and neighbors all surprised you like that. Happy birthday. I wish you many, many more, even happier '80th' birthdays to come.
StephanieW

GoldenMom said...

SO glad you shared this with us on your blog and a happy belated 80th Jane! Quite a WONDERFUL celebration that just continued along with surprise after surprise. Glad you enjoyed all the great celebrations and may you have many more in years to come. Maybe you'll be "80 and holding!" for many more years.

Patti said...

Happy, happy birthday Jane. Wishing you a wonderful year and many more to come.

Hallie said...

What lovely celebrations! Happy Belated Birthday, and best wishes for many more.

Rose Anne B said...

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!!!
Belated Happy Birthday Jane!!! HUGS!!!

Lelia said...

Happy Happy Birthday --- and, many more!!!! How exciting : )
Thx for sharing

picotsnkeys said...

Many happy returns for a wonderful 80th birthday!! I wonder what surprises your 80th next year will hold?????
Happy Birthday to you!

picotsnkeys said...

Many happy returns for a wonderful 80th Birthday!! I wonder what surprises next year's 80th will hold????
Happy Birthday!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.