22 January 2024

A bracelet and earrings

Last Friday I was browsing the charity shops in Alcester when I noticed this little bracelet and earring set.  It looked sort of familiar.  When I looked closely I realised the person who’d made it had used my pattern .  They’d done a truly beautiful job on it too.  I took photographs and decided to contact the seller.  Thankfully they’d got a website.  

I had a lovely message back from Sally who said she hadn’t made it and couldn’t tat!!!  This is what she said 

However, I don't do tatting and never have done. My husband and I only do fused and stained glass as you have seen on the web site.
How our label got attached to something else I have no idea. Although the labels usually peel off they do stick quite fast to the glass.
I can only assume that someone thought it may sell better with a label attached.
Many many years ago (about 50+) I did make a macrame plant hanger and i used to do a lot of crocheting but have not done either for many years.
Carry on with the good work and happy crafting.”

So if anybody knows who DID make this bracelet I would love them to pass on the message that I’m very flattered they used my pattern and that they did an amazing job on it too.  





4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very interesting!

Sewicked said...

They did do a lovely job

Jane McLellan said...

How funny to have the wrong label attached. I hope you find the maker.

Rose Anne B said...

Interesting story. Hope you hear back some day!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.