4 May 2011

Woweee

Now I'm not sure whether to thank Kelly or cuss her for tempting me off the straight and narrow (even if the straight and narrow is diamond shaped!)!!!

See what she sent me yesterday?  That's the temptation!!!  I did a small favour for her and this was more than ample reward.  HDT from Sherry, findings to 'play' with and other threads to try out too.

See the maple leaf and butterfly?  Well they're needle tatted and are the first pieces of needle tatting I've knowingly seen that are as firm as shuttle tatted pieces (apart from Rita Cochrane's).  Having tried needle tatting (albiet only for a few days) I now realise this is down to 'fine tuning' the needles to the threads.  Part the reason I'll never take it up as I'm too lazy for that and also I found it waaaaay too slow for an OG like me.

Thank you, Kelly - this gift was above and beyond the call of friendship.

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

One good deed deserves another! What a great thank you!

Margarets designer cards said...

Hi Jane,

Lovely surprise and beautiful thread, I wait to see what you do with your gift.
Margaret

Tatfully Yours said...

I hope brain cell #3 has fun with all your new findings stuff! What can I say I`m a bad influence on people!! :))

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I recently bought some findings that look very similar to those with the 'extensions' (I have seen them often in the craft stores), but I have never seen the totally 'round' ones. Of course, I thought of you when I saw them! I'll be interested to see how they work out for you.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.