27 March 2008

I'm BACK!

Well the patchwork is now well under control and growing daily. I'm fed up with it at the moment so in order to finish it I'm putting it down for a while! Only for a few hours, though.
While I've been working on it it's given me time to think about tatting. I NEED to tat a patchwork. OK I know I've done a diamond in the past which is here but now I NEED to make up a matching square and triangle. I think that will be the next project - starting this evening!!!!! I'm going to make tatting my evening hobby and any time I've got spare in the day will be devoted (for now) to patchwork and catching up on sewing projects (alterations etc) that are piling up.
The weather may turn a bit warmer so I can get the sewing machine out in the conservatory (with Tilly the cat's permission!) and work on HER table!!!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your Diamond Motif is one of the most beautiful pieces I have ever seen.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I look forward to your matching square and triangle. I'm already imagining a tatted patchwork table runner for my dining room table!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Bonnie. Diane - I'll work on it next as I'd like to make another 'big' project myself. Always useful to have something like this to take out with you. I can imagine working 'bits' of patchwork up and then putting it alltogether in one last 'blast'!!!!!
Jane

Marty said...

Oh, patchwork for the table! My mom would like that, she used to quilt. I'm looking forward to seeing your patterns.

Anonymous said...

A conservatory - isn't that a sort of glasshouse for plants?

Jane Eborall said...

Yes, it can be, Maureen. Nowadays in the UK we use them as an extra room and as ours is a very dark house built in the early 1900's it's lovely to have a place where you can sit in natural light. We live in a terraced house so no windows on either side - just front and back.
Jane

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.