5 March 2009

Look what I found when I went to the shop by the tip!!!!

Aren't they just gorgeous?

Remember the mother of pearl buttons I've been working on? I'm going to have to see if one of the patterns 'fits' this size!!!

The one at the very top which is paler than the rest is one I tested for 'washability'. Well, I cheated. I poured boiling water onto it and the surface sort of started minutely to peal off. I scraped it all off with my fingernail and the result is probably even more pleasing than the originals!!!!

4 comments:

Needledreams said...

Oh! I love those buttons!!! They are screaming for tatting. I'm hoping they open the market street this week to see if I can find buttons and beads. I'm in need of a bead fix. lol

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Those are so pretty! I'd like to see one with red tatting and purple beads, please. Oh, my mistake... you weren't really asking for ideas, were you? : )

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

What a lovely find! I love the purple MOP buttons. I have not seen purple MOP buttons before. I found only an ivory color and an almost black MOP button. I can't wait to see what colors you use for thread and beads with these lovely buttons. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Those buttons are very pretty! Enjoy! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.