6 October 2009

Earrings


This is the first of a 'series' of earrings that I'm making for a friend.

They are based on the 3D snowflake that I made years ago and I've used the top motif (first part of that snowflake) many times when I've made earrings for myself.

The only problem I've always had when wanting to make 'another pair' is that I have never written it down properly. 

This time I have - AND I've done the lower motif to work directly on from the upper.  In fact the whole thing is done in one 'hit'!!!  I

did have to use one split chain and two SR's to do it, though.  Well worth the effort in the end!!!

4 comments:

Sally Kerson said...

One hit Jane I'm going to call you!! They are pretty, but the split chain - must get over my fear of them.

retrothreads said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you did, because now I know where to find all your great patterns. I love your bracelets. That's what I had in mind to try after I learned the technique.

Carol

Gina said...

I like how they come down to a point there. Very nice. Very heavily beaded too! LOL!

Arty Lady's blog said...

Just beautiful.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.