19 February 2010

Do you ever have one of THOSE days?


Those days when you know exactly what you want to achieve but you never quite get there?  That was Wednesday for me!!!

Each day I have a 'tat plan'.  This is what I decide I want to do in the evening which is designated 'tat time'.  So on Wednesday I was going to tackle the first of two tasks that I'd promised myself to do.

Off I tootled into the 'other room' (in the afternoon) - that's the one where the tatting cupboard is.  I knew exactly what I needed and exactly where it was.  I tidied this cupboard up in September and it's kept that way ever since so finding the right beads and threads shouldn't be hard.  No, it wasn't hard - it was impossible.  In the end I grumped my way back into tatting corner and mumbled and fiddled all evening.  I experimented with adding large beads onto thread in a slightly different way and just generally did nothing.

Thursday afternoon I decided to have another look.  I found the beads in exactly the right place - where I'd looked the day before.  So the evening was spent making up the one task.  NO, it's not put together yet so you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see it.  It's BRIGHT, though!!!!

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Ahhh - the dreaded Danish Nisser strike again! - or maybe even a good old fashioned poltergeist, that happens to me all the time, and it's very frustrating.

Sally Kerson said...

Does that mean I get to see it in real life tomorrow?!!!!

sewmuchfun4 said...

I had one of THOSE days yesterday for different reasons - kids - love them, but I gotsta have my ME time! I got to tat for five minutes in the car... zippity-do-da!

Looking forward to tomorrow - love it when you do BRIGHT!

:) Ann

Ridgewoman said...

ahhhhh dithering, aay? (I've been watching too much Canadian Olympics ~ I've acquired an "Eh or an aay" )
Glad you are sorted out now! XX P

Unknown said...

A mi me pasa constantemente. Yo siempre le echo la culpa a algún duende juguetón,....

Happens to me constantly. I always blame some playful elf........

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.