7 November 2011

Don't look if you're squeamish

I'm issuing a warning for those of you who may be squeamish!!!!  I'm going to show you something dead - VERY dead.

This once was a necklace.  Yup, believe it or not it was.  Sadly it ended up in a charity shop in Cheltenham and looked SO sad and neglected that I bought it and brought it home.  Now maybe YOU think there's a happy ending.  Well, no, not yet.

When I got home I got out my pliers and KILLED it properly DEAD!!!!  These are the mortal remains!  

The little brassy square 'bits' are really pretty with a sparkly stone (no, I assure you, it's not a diamond!) in the middle.  


Wait til you see what happened next!!!!

9 comments:

Tat-a-Renda said...

Oh wow! Dare I imagine that besides tatting, you can now revive the dead?
Whatever you do with the remains, I know it will a miracle.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see. I know it's gonna be good.
Elizabeth

Margarets designer cards said...

I look forward to seeing how the dead come back alive, I am sure its going to be good.
Margaret

Gina said...

Oh, I do this too except way too often I get attached to the necklace before I kill it properly and then I WEAR it and bring it back to life. Very hard to kill it then. You did the right thing, right away when you brought it home. Saved you both misery. I do like that little square though.

TAT19540 said...

Oh the horror! lol I bet it will be an improvement whatever you do. You are so cleaver Jane!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

I know whatever you do to bring this piece back to life will be fabulous!!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I think of it more as 'rescuing' the poor trapped 'findings' which have been longing for a new home, which will be spectacular in your creative hands!

Sally Kerson said...

That looks a terrific find from a charity shop, look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Batty Tatter said...

We wait on baited breath.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.