29 November 2011

The new bookmarks

Just a quickie today to let you know I've re-listed a tatting book and two leaflets on Ebay.  This is the link.  Also the answer to yesterday's puzzle was Snowflake 2 (used to be on a ring).

I'm obsessed with making these Wrap It, Flip It and Mark It bookmarks although they're proving to be sloooow taking off in both the Etsy shop and the new Folksy one.  Can't think why but ANY suggestions would be welcome!!!!

Here are some more motifs waiting to be finished - actually the colours are a lot better than the scanner is showing as I've a feeling that it's not feeling very well.  Once these are made up I'll take decent photos of them.  I'm not sure which one of these will be put in the shops but one will become my friend Ros's birthday present which is the week after Christmas.  She's SUCH a good friend she deserves a really pretty one.  Trouble is the more I make the more I think the latest one is the prettiest so none of these might be hers in the end!!

I love this new (ish) snowflake which is a variation of this one.  I didn't use a SCMR (and added a few vsp's too) as for this purpose it would've 'stuck out' too far and would've caught on the pages of the book - maybe, perhaps or possibly!  If you want the 'amended' text do shout.  I've not got any drawings with it - yet!!!!

9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The colors you are using are fantastic! I'm ready to quit working just so I can tat all day long... well, in about four years. ; ) Maybe then I'll have a chance to catch up to you!

IsDihara said...

Such lovely snowflakes, bursting with cheery colors!

Batty Tatter said...

The seahorse is adorable

Crazy Mom! said...

Oh! I DO love these colours! so pretty and cheerful!

Is the variegated thread an HDT or something else?

Jessica said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors on the first one. What thread is it?

Julie Romero said...

Pretty pretties as my little one says...she and I both like the snowflakes and I do believe she wants me to tat the horsie for her, may have to try split rings just for her. I have been putting it off for no good reason. Would love the snowflake pattern too :-)

Jane Eborall said...

Yes, Crazy Mom, all HDT. Can't tell you much about the purply one but the other two are by yarnyard here in the UK. Called 'birthday'.

Jane Eborall said...

Jessica - I've just found it!! It's a HDT called 'berry burst'. Sorry I can't help you with the maker.

God's Kid said...

Fabulous snowflakes and fun seahorse! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.