2 March 2012

Doodle LBP

Sorry about the lack of post yesterday but it was a 'hurried start' to the day.  

The cat had to go to the vet for her 'annual inspection' and we had to take the car to the garage in another town.  I'm very pleased to report that we DID get that in the right order and the cat didn't land up at the garage or the car at the vet's!!!  Sometimes I'm very impressed that between the two of us we do get it 'right'!!!

Today I've got one of the first things I did with a long beaded picot done using the technique that I now use all the time - to be found here.  What I LOVE about this technique is not only the lack of beads to add to the thread before starting but also the fact that you can decide what you want to put on the picots when you get there.  MUCH better for a ditherer like me who can never make up her mind.

Here it is in all it's 'glory'!!!

This could, of course, easily be an earring too!!!!  BUT I've put it on the doodle page for now!!

8 comments:

Maureen said...

I never knew you had a cat! - what's her name?So many cats in Tat-land! I miss mine so much - but could never bear to have another.

Sharren - Tatting in Greenwood, South Carolina said...

Pretty! Love the striped effect by alternating the bead colors!

Bonnie said...

I'm a big fan of beads, so I really like how your always using them.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

I love how this looks with all the beads. Very Nice Earring!!

Valerie said...

another amazing doodle! ooh, beads...

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Ooooh and Aaaaa! Do you know what that big bead in the middle is called? I used one of those yesterday and realized I don't know the name for it. I am pretty darn bead ignorant!

Jane Eborall said...

Well I call it a down beaded picot. Seta picot setb as in Victorian sets. I probably ought to explain that a bit better in the pattern. I'll do that tomorrow!!!

Sally Kerson said...

It would definately make a lovely earring, love that method of adding beads too

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.