4 April 2012

Yesterday!

OK, not very good pictures but least the OG tried!!!

We have a community cafe in town - right opposite Shakespeare's Birthplace and a mere three minutes walk from home.  This week and next they're running a community arts project and they asked me if I'd like to come and take part.  Well, any excuse to sit on my ample backside and tat DURING THE DAY is very welcome so off I trotted.

Last year it was cold and miserable there and nobody came near me to see what I was doing.  This year I set off rather unenthusiastically and expected the same.  BUT it was totally different.  For starters here are two pictures of ladies who were spinners/weavers and knitters etc (there was another lady but I didn't get her picture) and they were smashing - very friendly.  

Then there was the little nine year old girl who came in to learn to do anything 'crafty' and she really took to tatting.   She soon learnt the 'flip'.  Later there was another lady who'd got her grandma's tatting shuttles at home and she's coming back on Friday to learn to tat with me.  She'd got her husband with her yesterday so couldn't stop long.  So, all in all an excellent day - especially when I won a prize on the tombola - a BIG fluffy wabbit!!!! I know a little girl who'll love that!!!

Oh, there was a downside/upside to all this - as I left the hall the heaven's opened and we had RAIN.  LOTS of it.  We're desperate for rain round here and this was very welcome although we do need loads more.  I arrived home with a dry wabbit (he had his own plastic dustbin bag) and a very soggy body!!!!

8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What fun! When I retire, I hope to be able to participate in events like that.

Maureen said...

Time goes by so quickly - because I remember your post about LAST year's event! Take an umbrella next week!

RandaGray said...

I wish we had things like this where I live!!! What I wouldn't give to run into another tatter in a cafe in town!! :)

picotsnkeys said...

What fun! I'm glad the weather held for the event and then the needed rain came.

Jane McLellan said...

Sounds like an excellent day. Topped off by rain too!

Margarets designer cards said...

It's nice to see that the crafts are coming alive again, and people are trying them out, well done to the child who wants to learn, I hope her mother gives her some encouragement.

Nice to have the rain at last.

Margaret

Ladytats said...

glad you had a good day, and more to come. thanks for the pics, but where is the picture of you???????

tattrldy said...

Glad the day turned out so well. It's fun to share the joy of tatting with others. I'm with Ladytats, where's the picture of you???

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.