10 August 2012

Bracelet

As some of you will know - I'm never completely satisfied with what I've done and I'm always checking and re-checking my work.  

Over the years my notation has changed a bit and also the drawings.  Well the diagrams had to change when I converted from PC's to Apple.  Anyway, I digress.  I decided the other day that it was about time I re-visited this pattern again

When I first did this pattern (which turned into two versions) I used 4 primary plain colours.  This time I've used all Lizbeth threads - two variegated and two plain.  Believe me - this bracelet (needs finishing with clasps) really ZINGS.

7 comments:

God's Kid said...

That is totally awesome!!! :)

Ladytats said...

I like that, it is very pretty, and looks complicated, but really isn't.

Margarets designer cards said...

I like it and it does look complicated but I suspect it's not as bad to do as it looks a really zingy look
Margaret

Fox said...

Great pattern! Looks wonderful.
Fox : )

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This is worthy of a Gold medal! Wow - four shuttles! I haven't gone beyond TWO shuttles! Love the woven effect and the colors!

As usual, in addition to your expert tatting, your drawings knock me out. However, my brain fuzzed out when you said the diagrams had to change with your conversion to Apple. Your computer expertise and patience are way beyond mine!

Suzanne said...

Zippity do-da! It zings indeed - and falls in line with my current thinking that, often, the most spectacular effects are not the product of advanced tatting wizardry, but rather that of the humble ring and chain.

Jane Eborall said...

Yes, Kathy, because I want to add numbers to some of the drawings I need to re-draw them all!! It'll keep me quiet for a while! I use a lot of 'group', 'copy' and 'paste' and I'll also be able to paste the originals into my drawing program to work from as I go along.
Yes, Suzanne, simple rings, chains and rings on chains. Simple but when I went to do this pattern a month or two ago I couldn't understand how to start it - that's why I've decided to re-work it. This time I tried it I was fine but ........

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.