23 August 2012

Pendant


First of all today I'd like to show you this link which Margaret found yesterday.  Now we all know where to get these findings from.  Thanks, Margaret.

A looooooong time ago I made a pair of earrings and I've worn them no end of times.  I used that trick of putting beads over a button which I love doing.  You can see one of the pair at the bottom of this page.

Anyway, sorting out my 'ensemble' to take to America I realised I hadn't got a pendant to go with them.  So the other evening I made one.  Here it is.  Again I've used a (to quote Diane, Lace Lovin Librarian) doodad which was part of some earrings that I bought just over a year ago - see this link.  I do hope I haven't lost the other earring or I'll have to make another pair!!!  This is one of my favourite Lizbeth threads.  It's called Mountain Breeze.

If you look closely you'll see I've actually joined to a space within the doodad and not on the very edge.  I like this idea as it makes the tatting look as if it's 'growing out of' the doodad.


3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That is a very clever idea for joining to the doodad! I've been looking at my stash, and can't decide which one to work with next. Maybe I should look at them with a different eye (the one in the back of my head?).

I've been trolling through patterns and getting all sorts of ideas. Nothing has quite hit me right yet... too much back-to-school on the brain I guess!

I can't take credit for calling them doodads... I started calling them that because of Fox!

God's Kid said...

Very nice!! :)

tattrldy said...

I was noticing how you attached it - very cool look. They make a nice set.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.