14 November 2013

3D Snowflake sorted


This must be a first for me.  I've actually got the new version of the 3D snowflake finished and ready for you all here.

The alterations have caused it to grow to a decent snowflake size!!!  I removed the annoying beads from the very long picots in the centre and added more to the rings.  Instead of loading all the beads onto the chain thread I've made those to be added as you go (LBP).

This is a simple pattern - rings and chains only.  Oh, except for beads for those of a sensitive disposition!!!!  Even if you don't like beads - do try this pattern.  It looks even better in real life and it's a total stinker to get a good picture of it.  Remember the tips on stiffening it?  Here's a link to those.

The main challenge is joining the last three rings (10, 11 and 12) to numbers 7, 8 and 9 but just think of the designer - she does 'simple' and it's only a matter of joining through those aforementioned rings!  I've added further new drawings too to help with that part.

12 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow!!!! Gorgeous! Love love love :). Another pattern to add to my "to make" list :).

Maureen said...

It's beautiful! - and I can see that you're going to be playing with lots of colour combinations now.

Jane McLellan said...

Thanks, this goes on my to-do list too!

Nancy G said...

Oh its beautiful Jane! Thank you!

Phyllis said...

Hey Jane, when I brought up the link, it still shows the pink snowflake with the year 2002. Is this correct? The white and blue is beautiful.

Ladytats said...

Thank you Jane. What an awesome remake. You and brain cell 3 just get better and better.

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Phyllis you may have to refresh the page as your browser has probably 'remembered' the old one. Can you let me know if it works then, please?

njnilson said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to try making this! Thank you!

God's Kid said...

It looks wonderful!!! :)

Phyllis said...

Thanks Jane. It worked on my nook. Stupid computers!

Madtatter80 said...

I love the color choice really cute!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Oh, so pretty! I love seeing all those different shades of blue!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.