11 November 2013

A forest!!!


Here are the trees that I found lurking around the house.

Sally and I have inherited the same genes from our ancestors - we both consistently lose things, especially bits of tatting and beads.  We're both good at putting things in an 'obvious' place or even a 'safe' place but then we can never find them again!!!  I found a bag of trees yesterday and here they are!!!

Anyway, this is just a 'filling in' blog post to give me the time and the 'nudge' I need to get another version of this pattern ready and available for you tomorrow.  It's going to be the earring version.  That one is done solely on a button (shirt button sized) as it really does need a button to keep it from going 'bendy'.  

There's nothing in Tat Land worse than spending time making earrings only to find they 'bend' even when stiffened.  It's one reason my earring designs have a more 'solid' appearance.  I either load them with beads (which helps) or make more dense ones which solves the problem of the 'bends'.  No, I don't go deep sea diving either but I know about bends in earrings!!!

So, tomorrow, hopefully there'll be another 'dose' of trees!!!!

14 comments:

Maureen said...

This is obviously the point at which someone will tell you that they "can't see the forest....".
So many colours, and there's even a red one!

Valerie said...

you have a forest! well, almost... B-)

Wattacukor said...

OMG I love it!!! I want it! :) <3

Ladytats said...

I can relate to the "safe place" issue. Been there done that...
I like your forest.
I am looking forward to the earrings. Thanks

Madtatter80 said...

What fun a tree farm! Did you every publish your gecko pattern? is it for sale? where can I find that? You go so fast! :)

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Madtatter80 the gecko has been here for years - I just updated it - tat's all. http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/Gecko.pdf

Fox said...

These are the sweetest trees! Love them,
Fox : )

Sally Kerson said...

Well I hope that since your forest has been found my wreath earrings will turn up soon, but they are not in an obvious place or safe place!
Your trees look great.

Marty said...

Love the trees! I've made three with buttons and one little gold one without. It's a great pattern. Thanks, Jane!

Pigmini said...

Forest trees... don't tell my cats!! They love climbing forest trees!! (or at least the 'mini orchard' in my garden!!) Can't wait for the earring version.... I Loves Earrings!!! VBG

As for the safe places.... things are used in this house by the Borrowers and they sometimes forget to return them!!

Sue

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely forest of trees
Margaret

Tally Tatty said...

I love the little stars on top!

Tally Tatty said...

I move the little stars on top!

Barbara Gordon said...

So cute..!! I just love tatting with buttons..nice display.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.