13 June 2014

Bag making continues!!!

I'm still busy, in between other things, making the new style of bags - the Squared Away Tat Bags.

There are a few in my Etsy shop here.

Must tell you a story about this session of bag making. I'd got the idea from somewhere on the internet and adapted it for my own idea of what it should be look like for tatters!!! 

I'd made a few (7, in fact) and then was forced to take a break for a couple of weeks while life took over.   Last Sunday was my first opportunity to sit down and start making more.  I'd got 11 cut out, pressed and ready to sew. 

So I started with putting the zip in the first one.  Easy peasy. Then I started the next part. I sewed it up wrong. I realised straightaway what I'd done and unpicked it. Then I sat and sat and stared and stared at the 'zip between four bits of fabric'!! What on earth do I do next, I asked BC3.  I walked away from it, thought about it more, wandered back and suddenly the lightbulb came on!!!!  I got it right this time - BUT the handle wasn't in the right place!!! !!!!!

FINALLY an hour later I sorted it out both the bag and the handle.  Then with BC3 - I was back in business!!!! I made more yesterday and this time I had no problems at all!!!!  These two below are in the shop.


5 comments:

Pigmini said...

I Loves the colours in the bottom one on here Miss Bag Lady!!! LOL

May just have to treat meeee to an early birthday pressie when it appears on Etsy!!

Maureen said...

I can't see them there - am I too quick?

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I am so tempted to buy several of these little bags. My problem is, where would I put them, and how do I justify my own fabric stash which is meant for making bags? Don't be surprised if you see me lurking in your shop!

Jane Eborall said...

Sorry Pigmini and Maureen - they were still in the drafts in my shop!!! Just put them in the proper place!!!!

Miranda said...

See, that's what happens when you let life take precedence over crafting. Shouldn't do that.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.