14 June 2014

It's ALL Sally's fault

Both of us have had the tatting doldrums recently but Sally recovered faster than me and showed me these diamonds she's been making. 



I was so impressed I thought I'd play again with the pattern which can be found here.

I decided not to go for the beads in the middles of rings like Sally but I put them on picots and on the outside of the motif. 

This was done with Lizbeth 153 (Rainbow Taffy - a real favourite of mine) and Lizbeth 104 (Summer Fun) with two plain Olympus threads. I used a size 40 for all of them.

I think the doldrums are over now - thank you, Sally - I have other projects in mind for the next few days!!!!


15 comments:

Jenn said...

It's gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing your next tatted project :).

Jane McLellan said...

Oh yes, that's one of my favourite of your patterns. One day I'll add beads too.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I wish I could blame one of my two sisters for some of my tatting adventures. Unfortunately, neither one tats... or does any kind of "crafty" endeavor! I do love your color combinations!

les Frivolités de Pandore said...

The colors are gorgeous. It's soooooo lovely ^_^

Kathy Niklewicz said...

The 'doldrums' didn't seem to affect your speed! So colorful! It really boggles my mind how you can blend all these colors, make all the connections, and add beads at the same time!

muskaan said...

Beautiful design - the diamonds are a Perfect shape !

linb54 said...

Bless Sally for getting you back to tatting! love the colors you used, very Summer-y! I can hardly wait to see what else you come up with? ;)

Unknown said...

I'm going to do thus, I love it and your instructions are always easy for me. Thank you, I will email you my progress.

Pigmini said...

As single diamonds they make brill earwigs too!!

Unknown said...

Do you have any directions on how to make ruffled edges on a tatted item?

Sally Kerson said...

Glad I was of some help, this pattern is so versitile and the colours you have used are so vibrant. Must post my finished diamonds now.

Tally Tatty said...

I usually don't like rainbow taffy ( i like all the other hh colors), but when you present it like this, i find it formidable!!!

Suztats said...

I love the colours you've used! ( I seem to be attracted to turquoise with greens these days) It's a neat pattern.

aktatter said...

Super bright and happy!

God's Kid said...

What a beautiful end to the doldrums!!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.