29 August 2014

Another motif


Thought I'd show you another of the small motifs I've been working on today.

This time I used the middle of one of my motifs (can't remember which, though) as a 'starter' for this design and then did another chain round that after finishing  the centre with a split chain and a shoe lace trick. 


To do the whole thing in one 'hit' without cutting and tying I used the good old SSSR (hiding the darker thread in it) - like this.    

It's not honestly worth writing down (that's my excuse for being lazy!!) as it's something anybody could 'design'. What I'd call 'generic' especially if you replaced the outer lock chains with regular chains!!!!

Wish I could remember which of my patterns I stole it from!!!!!


9 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Sweet. The colours really pop.

Maureen said...

A fun motif to play with colours!

Pigmini said...

Isn't the middle of it from the twirly 6 sided motif?? either way... Where's the pattern for this one??? We don't want to wait till your BC3 stays the other side of the pond!!!! LOL

Mrs. Fink said...

Love. I must learn this lock chain, it is stunning!!

Le'Quita H. said...

I love it Jane. I'd that Twirlz, by Handy Hands?

Jane Eborall said...

No, lequita hicks - it's a lock chain. Pretty isn't it?

Tally Tatty said...

Very pretty motif!

God's Kid said...

Very pretty!! :)

Barbara Gordon said...

Really nice..! I just love the look of the two colors in the last chain. Very nice looking.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.