3 September 2015

A celtic motif


I was always fascinated with this type of tatting which was invented by Rosemarie Peel. It's what is known as Celtic Tatting. I first saw it in one of her books. This is made simply using two separate motifs and interweaving them. A final row then 'locks' them to form the final motif. 

The other later form which involves a long chain which is tied into a knot of some sort is what I personally call Celtic Knot Tatting. A different thing altogether.

Anyway this is a design I did some years ago and it fits into a metal ring (bracelet). 



4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Splendid!

Maureen said...

I don't remember seeing this before - it would make a perfect Christmas pattern!

Jenn said...

Beautiful!

Pigmini said...

It's the wrong colours for silly season Maureen!!! Lol. Does look pretty tho.... Thinks me will have another pattern to do!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.