28 March 2016

Another day - another round!


Here's the new doily now with a second round on it. Believe it or not - those are the same colours on the outside as on the centre. Weird, isn't it?  Looking at it again - no, they're not the same colours!!!  Really MUST get BC3 to help write blog posts!!!

I think I'll do another doily now - just to test the pattern before I put it on my site. Well, that's an excuse really as I've so much enjoyed doing this one I really 'need' to do another. Next one will be in size 40 thread, though. Why? Well I'm in the mood for size 40!! Simple!!

What I really like about this design is all the negative space it's generated. Makes it a whole lot lighter. It's still very firm, though.  Pity I didn't block or press this before I showed it to you but I will with the next one.


7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Yes, I love those negative spaces. And that's a positive response!

Jane Eborall said...

Funny lady.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I always love your color choices! The negative space really does add to the interest of the doily.

God's Kid said...

It's awesome!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I knew it! "Wait and see" WAS the perfect color to add to that doily. :-) I like the negative space, too.
StephanieW

Beelizabeth said...

I haven't been in touch with the tatting community for a while (life and a brain tumor got in the way) but this being International Tatting Day, I thought it time to get back in touch. I just have to say I love this Fandango doily idea. I love the repetition of the basic motif in the successive rounds (and the negative spaces of course.)

Jane Eborall said...

Thank you, Beelizabeth. Hope you are well on the way to a full recovery and welcome back to Tat Land too.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.