7 March 2016

Apologies to Karey

When I was in Canada I had the pleasure once more of meeting up with Karey Solomon. The unfortunate part was that she'd brought a huge selection of her HDT (hand dyed threads) with her and I was on a self inflicted ban stopping me from buying ANY MORE thread.

Well, as you can imagine - that didn't work!!! I kept going past Karey's stall in the hall where we were meeting and fondling and looking at her selection. In the end, as you have probably guessed, I gave in and bought some.

So a week or two ago I decided they needed to be used. Well, not so much 'needed' - more honestly I wanted to let my itchy fingers start on one at least. 

Why the subject 'apologies to Karey'? Well because what 'looked good' on the two threads side by side in the ball just didn't show up her thread for how lovely it really is. I'll be trying another combination soon. Keep watching this space!!

6 comments:

Maureen said...

I've been noticing that Lea, the Australian thread dyer has been showcasing some of her colours with Ecru as a contrast - and it looks wonderful in all combinations! Maybe try that for your next skein of Karey's lovely thread.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I can see why you'd like more contrast between the colors, but I kind of like the subtle color changes!

God's Kid said...

It looks very nice!! :)

Sally Kerson said...

Karey's threads are so unusual and I like the way they look but can see the problem with this motif

Crazy Mom! said...

Karey has the MOST gorgeous thread. Always hard to resist, and a joy to tat with.

StringyDogs said...

Karey's threads are irresistible. I have had the same problem. I try not to look, then it emits a sound! "Psst! Lady! Want to see something pretty?" And, I'm a goner.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.