12 March 2016

Fandango bookmark


Here we go - another diversion!!! Yes, I'm incorrigible.

This time it's a Fandango bookmark which is made with HWT (Hand Wound Thread). 

For those who haven't heard me wittering on about it before - it's any two or three strands of thread wound onto the shuttle together. In this case (IF I remember rightly) it's sewing thread and just two strands. 

This is the link to the pattern. Sadly it's one of mine - just because I'm forever checking my 'stuff' for mistakes or improvements that I can make!!!

9 comments:

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Very pretty! Do you remember the colors in the outside round, Jane. I know photos don't always represent the true colors of a piece, but it reminds me a gold metallic thread.

Jane Eborall said...

They were simply a plain yellow quilting thread and a variegated sewing thread as far as I can remember. Same with the green - a plain quilting thread and a thread which I think is called Oliver Twist.

Maureen said...

I like the green too - I really must try this for myself. It's equivalent to about size 80?

Jane Eborall said...

At a guess it's probably thinner than 80. With two wound together it's more like a 40, I think. I'll check that out tomorrow.

God's Kid said...

It's wonderful!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I think this is one of your prettiest patterns!

Jane Eborall said...

Ah, but you wait til you see the next development of the Fandango!!!! AND I blame YOU for it!!!!!

Maureen said...

Diane inspired you?? - I can't wait to see a Fandango Spinning Wheel......

Jane Eborall said...

Yes, Maureen, all will be revealed eventually!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.