26 September 2016

Nearly back to normal

Whatever that is!!!

I've had a LOT of personal stuff to sort out since I got back. Both physical and mental (think BC3 is still on holiday, though) but hope that by the end of this coming week it'll all be 'done and dusted'.

I'm still struggling with unpacking the suitcase and I'm going to blog what's been in there over the next few days. Problem is - where do I start? I have no pictures of the lessons I taught as they were very busy. I spent most of the time trying to help people - just hope that helped.

The first thing I'm going to show you today is SOME (a very small some) of the goodies that were in the grand prize - which I thought they were kidding me about when it was announced I'd won!!! I promise you - this was only a very small part of what was in there. 

I love the little pouch on the left of the light. It's a squeeze one which you give a squeeze too and then it opens. Glittery too. More thread heaven too and lots of thread and beads. The foldaway LED lamp was in there too. Funny story about that. When I was at Gloria's house we got it out and put the batteries in. It instantly lit up. Problem was that we couldn't fathom how to turn it off!!! Three of us (Gloria, Joanie and I) thought, in the end, that we'd have to take the batteries out. Finally we worked it out!!! There isn't a 'switch' but a light touch pad to turn it off. Brilliant piece of equipment.

8 comments:

Maureen said...

Is that Cebelia 30? - my very favourite thread, I'm so happy to be able to buy it again here. Have you tried the Mimosa thread yet? - I've seen that locally as well - well, an online shop - and wondered if it was good for tatting. Enjoy your goodies!

Madtatter80 said...

Looks like a fun gift bag and a great time had by all :)

Jane Eborall said...

I think it's size 20! Not tried Mimosa yet and don't know whether I can find it in the UK. I'll have to research that!!!

God's Kid said...

Great supplies!! :)

linb54 said...

I found Mimosa on Ebay a few months ago...it's slippery. glad you are home safe! enjoy all the lovely memories and goodies! hug!

StringyDogs said...

I saw the look on your face when they called your name. Even when you went up front to receive the basket you asked, "You're playing a joke on me, aren't you?"

It is a pretty good joke, I think!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Lovely goodies! Are you going to figure out how to make that little pinch pouch? If so, I'll be looking for posts about how you've made them! ;-)

Jane Eborall said...

Hadn't thought about it, Diane, but maybe I'll get round to it. It's a lovely little pouch and I'd love to know who made it.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.