12 January 2017

Further progress


Isn't this pretty now? Well I think so but it will get even better before it's finished.  Still not had to cut or tie so that's even better. 

Working out how to do the chains and rings between the two petals was not that hard as they're 'thrown off' BUT getting the right thread amounts was!!! 

I have made a note of the quantities and the 'how to' on progressing down the righthand side of the petals for Heidi so that she may probably be able to include those in the reprint. I will certainly be keeping those notes so that I can work this pattern again.  It's a stonking great pattern.  Have I said that before about Dora's work?  If so then I'll say it again about ALL the patterns in the book - they're amazing.

12 comments:

Tim Kaylor said...

Yes, they are amazing. That is why I am trying to find that book. Beautiful work, Jane.

Unknown said...

This book was up on Ebay several weeks ago, but the price? Sigh.......
Wonderful work of beauty, Jane.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The further along you get, the more I like it!

muskaan said...

Wow. Not my favorite colour, but your tatting and the design is Amazing ! Wonder if the book will be listed in Amazon when it's published

Jane McLellan said...

Really unusual and beautiful! I'm having technical issues here, I hope you received my day 1 e-mail.

Jane Eborall said...

I don't know, muskaan but you'll certainly hear about it from me!!!!!

Jane Eborall said...

Arrived safely and I've just added you to the TIAS blog. All is well in Tat Land!!!!

God's Kid said...

That is totally awesome!!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

Very nice looking with tiny rings it gives tatting a different look almost crochet looking but not!

Bernice said...

Spectacular, just keeps getting better and better.

Pigmini said...

I think we all need that book!! It does look stunning!

helen said...

I'd love a copy of the book also. What a stunning piece. Thank you for sharing.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.