29 May 2017

Double trouble?


This time I've doubled up on the dingly dangly bits and added beads to the chains on two consecutive rows. 

I'm not sure if anybody would want the pattern/patterns for this but I will put it together eventually unless I go off on another idea which often happens!!! 

Although it's really really simple with just a few split rings (Diane!!!) it is a bit fiddly for the last few rings and chains as you have to work with the bead inside the tatting. Well worth it, I think.


8 comments:

Tim Kaylor said...

Keep going, Jane, and you will re-invent Ankars. Hehe. Interesting work. I can see how it would get fiddly.

Anonymous said...

Fabullous!!!

muskaan said...

nice bell shape !!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I think I'm okay with working the bead inside the tatting, but split rings? Sigh... I guess I have to bit the bullet! ;-)

craftie sylvie said...

I quote: "I'm not sure if anybody would want the pattern/patterns for this"
Well, I'm among the anybody who would be delighted to know how to make these. I have a stash of light wooden beads (from where????????, I can't even remember) that are much too big for a necklace. They would make perfect Xmas decorations with a little help from my shuttles and a huge and gratefully received help from you :)

Jane Eborall said...

I'll get it all sorted soon, crafty sylvie!!! I've got a 'butterfly brain' (BC3) which does tend to flit from one thing to another but I will sort it out within the next few weeks. Promise.

Elizabeth said...

I certainly like it.

craftie sylvie said...

Wow, that sounds great, thank you! I know what you mean about a butterfly brain, my own 3 BC keep bickering over which craft I should do. Hence, dozens of projects in progress at any given time :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.