21 August 2017

That didn't work, then!!!!

Do you remember this t-shirt? Well it looked lovely on and people complimented me on it.

It went through the wash but, as I expected, it failed dismally and came out all limp and horrid.

Next 'stage' was to cut it off altogether but I really wanted to use it. As I was still not happy about the neckline (felt it was a bit too low for a 'lady' in her later years) as it showed up more of my wonderful wrinkles which I'm proud of but not really happy to 'share' with others in case they embarass them!!! Well, that's my story.

So I found a piece of fabric to match the background of the t-shirt, a sheet of newspaper (the Stratford Herald has it's uses!!!) and a pair of scissors.

I cut a pattern out and got cracking with the sewing machine and this is the result!!! I'm right chuffed with it now and it'll certainly survive the washing machine!!!!

8 comments:

craftie sylvie said...

Beautiful!!! I like it even more that way, it shows off the tatting perfectly :)

Maureen said...

It's a brilliant solution- looks really sturdy.

Michelle said...

Lovely solution!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very clever, Jane!

Ladytats said...

This looks much better. It sets the tatting off and if you are more comfortable, you will wear it more

Jane McLellan said...

Great solution! I always wonder when I see things like towels with tatting hanging off the edge how good they will look after washing.

Tim Kaylor said...

Well now, that works a treat, doesn't it? Good work.

picotsnkeys said...

I like it!!! I'm inspired to pull out a couple of tops I like the material but dislike the pattern. Maybe my efforts will be half as successful as yours!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.