14 March 2018

Oh, NO, not another!

Well Nick did say 'haven't you got enough already'? What am I talking about? Well, bags. 

Everybody but EVERYBODY knows you can never have enough tatting bags to carry stuff around in. Well, I don't think you can!!!

I bought this fabric in Canada on the way to the Fringe Tatting Day last year. It was at a place called Lens Mill which was close by. 

I've been waiting for the weather to warm up a bit so I can get to sew it up. I only bought half a yard so I was limited to what I could make from it. As the tatting print is rather large that also limited me as to what I could do with too. Lately going to several different craft groups I've found I need bags for different projects so a tatting bag was what I decided to make. This time it's padded and the bottom is stiffened so it sits up properly on the table. I'm really pleased with it. 

I've got a little bit of fabric left over so was going to make a purse thing to put the shuttles, scissors, hook etc into but then I remembered I'd got this dear little bag that I was given at the Fringe.  Perfect as I'll be able to find it in the bag with it's gorgeous bright colours.


11 comments:

Pigmini said...

Oh wow! I just love those! Not only the big one... the little one as well!! Gotta have a go at them!!

God's Kid said...

Wonderful tatting bag!!! :)
Very pretty leaf bag!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the fabric and the tote! I guess I need to go shopping more often so that I can stumble upon beautiful fabrics that remind me of tatting. I really don't like to go shopping.

linb54 said...

I love it Jane!! We never have enough tatting bags!

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful bags and great fabrics. Love both.

Jane McLellan said...

Love that bag in tatting fabric!

Beckie K said...

This is so awesome - love the material!

Madtatter80 said...

Super cool tatting fabric, that a favorite ๐Ÿ’Ÿ of mine. All works look great๐Ÿ˜„

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only BAG LADY! Love the fabric and I love those little pods too. Who doesn't need another bag? Or six.

Valerie said...

We all need just another bag some time, that’s right. This one is gorgeous!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.