16 March 2018

Halfway round - who's kidding?


Well time goes on and I suddenly realised that I'd better give you an update on the diamond star situation!!! 


I'm keeping this as an 'out and about' piece of tatting as I know the pattern off by heart and can chat while I tat!!! Well, that's a bit of a lie as I still make mistakes from time to time.

The other evening I thought I was halfway round so decided to stick it under the iron to press it. Surprise, surprise - I'm not halfway round - yet. 

On this round I'm using four different sewing threads - two on each shuttle. I'll take a photo sometime of which ones I'm using. I'm also doing each star the same on this round as I'm pretty sure it'll be the final one as I'll not have enough thread combinations to add another round. Well, we'll see!!!


6 comments:

Tim Kaylor said...

It looks nice. Any idea what you are using it for? A large table? Competition at Tat Days? (Yeah, I know what you said, but women do change their minds.)

Jane Eborall said...

No plans for it, Tim! It’ll go in the box I expect!!!!

God's Kid said...

It's fabulous!!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

Looking good 😄it a great creation🌹💜🌹

Pigmini said...

Tim... if you come over here, we'll make plans to sneak into that box when Jane's not looking and have a whale of a time liberating the tatting in there... LOL

It does look good though Miss. It's also my 'try the thread' pattern every time I get a new colour!! (usually in pairs with beads and earwig wires on the top!!)

Eugenia Arpa said...

Hermoso!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.