14 April 2018

Welcome to a new member

Of the Exclusive Tatting Club!!!!

Let me introduce you to Sherry's mouse. She was lucky enough to have a lesson with Randy Houtz at the Finger Lakes Tatting Group last weekend and this is the result. 

This is what Sherry says:
"My mouse and kitty picture reminds me of the needlework Mary Queen of Scots did called "Catte". This picture here is a picture of the needlework while Mary was held captive circa 1570. "Catte" can be seen at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh."



3 comments:

Maureen said...

Lovely story! I had read that she had had a little dog which was found underneath her voluminous skirts after her execution, perhaps she had a ginger cat as well.

Lavinia said...

The more mice the merrier! I hope Sherry's mouse survived the attack, that cat looks serious.

Jane Eborall said...

You are funny, Lavi. I didn't think about the poor mouse surviving although it does look a friendly enough cat!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.