25 May 2018

Simply STUNNING

Now I really, really, REALLY wish this was my idea and my execution but it's not. It may happen sometime in the future though that I'll get round to trying it myself. 

Thanks to Patti Duff and Heidi I do have the pattern and just need to settle BC3 down to give it a whirl. 

OK, I know I've worked the pattern before but not like Heidi has with two colours. This is her work which she's kindly allowed me to blog.

Now the pattern is on page 22 of Dora Young's 'All New Knotless Tatting'. So, where do you get the book from? Well from Heidi or any of your other tatting suppliers including Tatting and Design here in the UK. 

Having recently completed this in 'just one colour' I'm going to HAVE to do the same again in two!!!

9 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Oh yes, that is fabulous. Such clever use of colour.

Pigmini said...

Ohhhh... I'm just going to have to work that pattern!!! Drooling now!! Sigh

linb54 said...

Are the star points a blend of the two colors. Really looks challenging? BC3 I'm sure can figure it all out. Good luck! Looking forward to your solution.

Bev said...

Beautiful indeed! An exotic tropical flower!

Tim Kaylor said...

That center looks a bit like a starfish or six legged octopus, doesn't it. Really nice swirling effect.

Jane Eborall said...

linb54 - the pattern itself is not hard and Heidi assures me that the switching of colours (SS) isn't too bad either!!!
I agree, Tim. It does look like those critters.
Sorry to everybody but these comments didn't come through to my inbox and it was only because I did a check on the blogger dashboard that I found them!!!

Jane McLellan said...

I had exactly the same Jane, didn't get notifications in my inbox.

Alka Gudadhe said...

Fantastic!!! and beautiful combination!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

It's amazing that this is tatted. Beautiful job by Heidi!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.