10 August 2018

A gift

Now I belong to several drop in craft groups where everybody exchanges ideas and help with all sorts of projects. I go to one of the groups on a Thursday afternoon and last week I went after a two week absence.

Ali, the person who's 'in charge' asked me if I used earring findings. Well of course I do as I always go out with a pair of earrings on. I'd feel naked without!! I never wear makeup (or muckup as I like to think of it) but always wear things hanging from my ears!!! 

She'd been given these and asked me if I could use them. What a lovely question to ask and of course they came home with me!!!

I feel another earring session (perhaps some more seahorses - see yesterday's post) coming on but I will HAVE to make myself throw away some of the older ones!

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Ooh! Blue and purple! What fun!

God's Kid said...

That many ought to keep you busy and out of trouble for a little while!! :)
I am sure they will be fabulous when you get done with them!!! :)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

What an incentive to tat a whole lot of earrings! I really hope you don't discard the old earrings, though! They make those acrylic paperweights for cross-stitch that could make a nice way to view your tatting and have something decorative on a desk or coffee table. Or you could glue them onto note cards or gift tags to sell. Or even onto paper disks/stickers for scrapbook embellishments. ("Our Trip to the Beach"). Just a thought.

http://craftersmarket.net/pacoaccrst.html

Maureen said...

Earrings with thread tassels seem to be fashionable at the moment- I know this because my very trendy seventeen year old granddaughter has been wearing some. With all those hooks and things, you could probably tat enough for an entire Craft stall!

Martha said...

Oooh, I didn't know they came in nice colors like that. What fun!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.