15 August 2018

Never say never!


I bet you all thought I'd given up on my diamond project? Well I never give up (well, very rarely) and thought I'd bring you an update on progress.  This is where I was back in May.

As you can probably guess - I'm beginning to feel that this project is now big enough. So on this final set of diamonds I'm trying to start an edging. 

I will eventually do an edging (probably two or three rows in depth) round the whole caboodle. But I felt that it wouldn't really work unless I'd levelled things off a bit first.

So, when the last few diamonds have been done I'll fathom a way of making an edging which will go 'all round' but leaving the triangular 'hole' as a sort of 'match' to the diamond 'holes'. If you understand.

I take this project with me when I'm 'out and about' at crafty meetings as I can make progress without too many boo boo's. I do make mistakes (I blame it on the talking around me) but that's tatting for you!!!



5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I like the way you're filling in with green.

God's Kid said...

What a masterpiece!!! :)

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Wow Jane! That looks amazing~! So many beautiful colors!

victats@gmail.com said...

Beautiful!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Great idea for the border! Still amazes me that you take this 'out and about'.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.