26 November 2018

About Anonymous

Houston I have a problem!!!

Well not a big one but an annoying one!!! It's all about the blog commenting again. 

I've got it set up to allow anonymous comments so that those who don't have a Google account can still leave a comment. This has led to around 30 spam comments in the last week. 

Sometimes it's difficult to work out if it's a genuine friend (thank you to those who do sign with a name) or a truly 'anonymous' person. One or two have been quite unkind too but that's something I can ignore!!! I don't want to be forced to prevent anonymous comments so please leave some name (real or not!!) that will make me realise the comment comes from a lovely tatting friend.

7 comments:

Maureen said...

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that something had changed, and that I had to sign in every time I wanted to comment.

Jane Eborall said...

It’s strange as I’ve changed nothing, Maureen. Most of the anonymous spam comments are made on just the one blog post from years ago. It makes me wonder whether people have nothing better to do with their lives!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you don’t let them get you down. I don’t normally comment here, just habit I suppose.
Carol in Oz

Tim Kaylor said...

I have noticed the site behaving strangely lately. I used to comment right on the page, but now a box pops up. For several days it was VERY slow to load. I will bet Google is changing things around behind the scenes.

Jane Eborall said...

Well this morning’s blog post was worth it just so I could say ‘hi’ to you, Carol in Oz!!!!! They won’t get me down - I’m made of cement!!!! I do wonder, though, if anybody else is having the same problem which was part of the reason for my post!!!

Jane Eborall said...

I think you’re right, Tim!!! Usually it’s for the better but I do wish they’d let people know. Still it’s a free service and it keeps us tatters in touch so we can’t grumble.

Pigmini said...

Grumble? You?? Vbg. I'm just imagining Jane in cement!! Leaving your hands n arms out to facilitate tatting.!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.