22 November 2018

Double bobbin shuttle

Not quite sure what to do with this shuttle!!!!

A friend has passed it on to me to sell or whatever. I don't want to keep it if somebody else can make use of it. It's hardly been used and just has a little thread on each bobbin. There are two bobbins in the shuttle and another spare.

So, if anybody would like to make me an offer I'll happily sell to them. Anna asked me to put the money to a charity and, if it sells and if she agrees, I'd like to give it to the Air Ambulance charity.

I've looked the value up online and they seem to be $14.00 from the only place I can find who sells them - Lacis. So really I think this would be an ideal offer for those in the UK. I'm happy to send it anywhere, though. 

Anybody who's interested please email me and the highest bidder by Saturday morning (9am GMT) will have it. Don't forget there will be postal charges on it.

4 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

I know what you are saying I wonder if you put two very thin tiny threads on each one and tat them together so it will be thicker. I would love to know for sure, if you ever find out let me know😊

Jane Eborall said...

I’ve used 3 and sometimes 4 very fine threads wound onto one bobbin but can’t ‘see’ how it would be any easier winding two on each of two bobbins. It’s a good thought, though!! I’ve been the owner of a two bobbin shuttle for many, many years and have never found the need to use it!!!! Thanks for your thoughts, though.

Anonymous said...

Check the GR-8 site - the Shuttle Brothers - they may have some sort of instructions on using a double bobbin shuttle. You can alternate the colors of rings without having to juggle with 3 shuttles or tie SLTs. The 'extra' thread is hidden in the core.
StephanieW

Jane Eborall said...

The best instructions I've seen are in a little book by Sherron Goldin. I helped her with it by doing the drawings but have never tried it out with my own double bobbin shuttle. One day, StephanieW, one day!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.