28 February 2019

A second tree



This morning I'm showing you the second tree!!! Obviously I couldn't avoid putting some tatting on a tree forever so I did with this one!! 

I've used some size 10 thread which was very kindly given to me a few years ago. These are HDT by Marilee and have been in my stash as I don't usually use size 10. BUT they were absolutely ideal for this project. Thank you Sue Anna who gave them to me as they were 'just right' for this.

Actually I must admit to enjoying the size 10 after a while. I do like the 'boldness' of it and the others in the group seemed to think they were fine. In fact I was asked to do some star shapes for another member which was very flattering.

6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Yes, there's definitely a place for size 10, and these bold flowers are gorgeous.

Bev said...

Your creativity knows no bounds!!!!

Maureen said...

I Sed size 10 for the tractor pattern I made for a grandson because that what the pattern called for. Anything finer wouldn't have been as effective. I like your trees, both of them- is the trunk stitched somehow?

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I do love the bold flowers, and that tree is fantastic!

Jane Eborall said...

Maureen - the trunk was made using double sided iron on vilene. The sort you use to turn up hems. I laid yarn on that then ‘stuck’ it down with the iron and then couched it down too. Made life a lot easier to do it that way!!

God's Kid said...

Wonderful tree!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.