25 February 2019

Meet Shadow

Now this is a project that came about because a lady mentioned my name on Facebook and that came into my inbox (I don't 'do' Facebook unless I see something interesting in my inbox). She kindly admitted that she'd used parts of two of my patterns to make a cat. I was intrigued so toddled over to see what she'd used. Well all I could see was the one seahorse pattern used as a tail.

I got in touch with her to ask if she needed help with drawings as she'd not written it up. Thereby started a couple of months of discussions etc. She'd given the cat she'd made away so had to work mainly from memory. In the end and despite computer and camera problems at her end we've managed to finish Shadow. 

I'm very happy to give you the link directly to Shadow but you can also find him/her in the Guest Designers section of my site. 


Here is my final test tat.

8 comments:

Maureen said...

What a beautiful cat, I love him! - and his name. He's going to climb straight into a significant birthday card for a school friend of long acquaintance. Notice that I didn't say for an " old" schoolfriend. She will love Shadow.

Jane McLellan said...

So Shadow is based on the seahorse and what else?? Splendid cat.

Jane Eborall said...

I’m not sure, Jane. I was so enchanted that she said that she’d used two of my patterns that it didn’t really matter to me. A rare thing nowadays for somebody to credit another designer so I warmed to her immediately.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Shadow is the perfect name!

God's Kid said...

Very nice cat!! :)

linb54 said...

Cool cat! Nice collaberation.

Elizabeth said...

That 's a cool cat. I will have to tat it. Thank you.

Corina said...

Nice cat, and lovely collaberation!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.