30 July 2020

Mrs Odum strikes again

Way back (almost three years ago) I decided to make a Mrs Odum’s daisy.  This is my first attempt.
A month or two back I decided to have another go at her daisy as I wasn’t very happy with my first attempt.  Oh, before I forget - here’s a link to find the original pattern on the internet..

I got talking to the person who knows SOOO much about tatting that it leaves me breathless - Judith Connors.  She showed me her version which certainly got the old juices flowing and she gave me some splendid advice after she’d seen my blue attempt below.

The glorious pink one is Judith's version of Mrs Odum - it's what made me have another attempt at it.  Do I feel another one coming on?  Yes I do!!!


8 comments:

Maureen said...

I enjoyed a lovely lunch with Judith today! I’ve never attempted this pattern. But all the examples I’ve seen are impressive.

Pigmini said...

So do I after seeing those!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I have the pattern, but I've never attempted it. Some day...

Jane Eborall said...

Lucky you meeting up with Judith. She's an amazing woman when it comes to tatting her knowledge is beyond belief.
It's not a hard pattern, Diane. I've changed the chains a fair bit to make them more 'stable' and also played with the daisy part using double double stitch instead of a 'normal' chain and using a couple of SCMR's at Judith's suggestion. More to come on Mrs Odum.

God's Kid said...

Looks nice!! :)

Patti said...

I made this pattern just a few weeks ago. I really like Judith's variation.

Jane McLellan said...

I made it some years ago. Those chains over the top are trickier than they appear.

Tim Kaylor said...

I think I have made this, well, attempted, about 10 times. It's the chains on top that are most difficult, as Jane M. said. You really need perfect tension to get it like Judith's.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.