23 October 2020

It just HAD to happen!!!

Having received the favourite gold metallic thread from Estonia last week I felt a massive sense of relief and set off to make some bauble bells.
Here's the link to my post about the metallic thread but what I didn't tell you is how tough it is!!!  

When I make the bauble bells (pattern here - which is really only guidance as you can make them bigger) I really tug and tug on the ribs and on the core chain thread too and this never EVER breaks this metallic thread.  

I made a set which you can see here and they were sold magnificently in the silent auction last year at Palmetto Tat Days.  I'm thinking this time I might cover some large beads using this pattern instead of leaves in between!!  




4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Those are gorgeous. Good to know the thread is tough and can be tugged on without breaking.

Eleanor said...

Very Nice, and cheerful!

Bev said...

Love your little bells. They have so much personality!

Pigmini said...

Can't wait for mine to arrive! Bells will be on the menu!!🤣

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.