20 April 2021

A story behind each critter

There's usually a reason for me designing a new animal.  Sometimes I've been asked or somebody's suggested it or sometimes it's because I've been talking to somebody in the country where the animal lives.  Sometimes it's just because I want to do that particular creature.
So when it comes to stocking the shop I've started giving the animals names - when I can think of one!!!

The penguins became 'perky penguins' because that's just because they looked like that!!!  Nelly became Nelly just because she's an elephant!!!  

The two today have reasons for their names.  Barney because Barney sort of goes with Barn owl but Hootie has a very personal reason for being called that.  He's an adaptation of one of my older patterns but with bigger wings.  

He has that name because of Bob and Gloria with whom I've stayed a few times when in South Carolina.  They live in the most glorious spot on the banks of Lake Murray and Bob feeds an owl each evening.  We had the luck to see his 'Hootie' one evening on my last stay with them.  


4 comments:

God's Kid said...

Great owls!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

I like hearing the story. We had a couple of pet owls at different times, such a privilege to raise them and see them fly away. I hope your tatted owls fly out of the shop!

Lavinia said...

Cute owls! It's nice that your patterns have a story and a name. They give life to the little tatted critters! :)

tatterjil said...

I love these little owls! Barney in particular. What a great silhouette he has.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.