22 April 2021

Something different

Well Spring seems to have finally sort of arrived so it's time for me to start looking at summer clothes.  
I didn't bother last year due to lockdown and seriously didn't bother for the past two winters.  BUT I feel as if life maybe opening up a bit more for now and I have decided I cannot go around looking so scruffy for any longer!!  Scruffy is my favourite look and (I must admit) over the winter I've made it my only 'look'!!!!  

Isn't it amazing how easily you can go through life without wearing a bra when you're in floppy winter clothes and never take a coat off because you're not allowed to go into a building apart from a food shop  or your own house?  No I wasn't going to strip off in any shop but the freedom of not wearing a certain item of underwear is a habit I'm now going to have to break!!!!  What better excuse to go back to wearing one than having a new t-shirt!!!!

BUT as any tatters reading this will know - a person cannot leave an item of clothing without some sort of 'decoration'!!!!  Now, what colours, what size and what pattern shall I use to decorate this new t-shirt?



12 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

A wonderful blank canvas, I look forward to seeing what you do with it! I must say I like wearing a bra! Not tempted to leave it off, even if I'm not going anywhere.

Maureen said...

Spare a thought for those of us who, perhaps more generously endowed than you are, can only dream of the freedom that discarding a certain item of underwear must be like!
My grandmother, who was born in 1883 never wore a bra, she told me they hadn’t been thought of then.
On the other hand my maternal grandmother, all of 4 feet and 6 inches tall, was a couturier-trained corsetiere in Moscow, also in the last years of the 19 th century. I often imagine how horrified she would be now if she could see the lack of corsets in my drawers!

I think your T-shirt would look stunning with a tree covered with pink blossoms, just like the picture from today’s walk.

Jane Eborall said...

I think my dislike of bras (Jane) comes from when I didn’t need one as there wasn’t anything to hold in place!!!! Must admit I do need one now but not under layers of winter clothing! That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!!!
Interesting history, Maureen. Why is it small women are always a force to be reckoned with?!?

picotsnkeys said...

As a "small" woman, I can SOOOOO relate! But, I shall keep my secret as to Does She? or Doesn't She? just to keep everyone guessing!!!
I love your idea of dressing up the t-shirt. I vote Keep It Simple (you're not stupid, far from it, you're brilliant! I'll not finish THAT saying!

Jane Eborall said...

Picotsnkeys - I must admit all my T-shirts get ‘decorated’ in some way or another. I hate wearing things that aren’t ‘originals’. Stems from my days of making all my own (and kid’s) clothes!!!

Lavinia said...

Maybe instead of a bra wear a bustier, they are far more comfortable. As for the t-shirt, i totally agree that it could use some decorating. Maybe a collar of flowers?

Jane Eborall said...

That’s sort of what I’m doing, Lavi. Great minds think alike!!!

tatlyn said...

My mother’s rule - place a pencil under a breast and then walk a few feet... if the pencil did not stay you could go braless, if it was caught you needed a “ foundation undergarment”. Now I know why I dislike pencils!

Jane Eborall said...

That’s hilarious, tatlyn. Not your mother’s remark but yours about disliking pencils!

tatlyn said...

Well,maybe not all pencils lhttps://i.ytimg.com/vi/7hxuqHvxEAE/hqdefault.jpg

Jane Eborall said...

That's soooooo sillllyyyyy, tatllyn. Love it.

tatlyn said...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7hxuqHvxEAE/hqdefault.jpg
Sorry the link was messed up - trying again!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.