7 June 2021

Well, well, well

The Etsy shop has been busy and I'm pleased to say that I've not got into any mischief for a week or three!!! Well nothing I’m admitting to!!

I'm busy re-stocking again at the moment and one lovely customer suggested that the elephant should have his trunk facing upwards because it was good luck. So as I’d never heard of this I had to ask Mr Google! Here's what I found.

"Predominate superstitions in Western cultures indicate that the trunk of an ornamental elephant should always be facing upwards and in Eastern cultures it should be facing downwards for it to bring good fortune on the house in which it resides."

As there was no real consensus of opinion I’ll go with ‘up, down, turn it all around’!!!

This is what I came up with and I must admit I ‘fiddled’ with the original pattern a little to get (I hope) a more handsome hephalump with his trunk facing upwards!!!




3 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Goodness, I've never heard the trunk story before.

Maureen said...

I’ve heard of the trunk up preference too. A friend visited Thailand and brought back an elephant for me, full of good luck!

God's Kid said...

Interesting information. I think it's a cute elephant!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.