22 November 2021

Monday moan

Today it's all about Covid and it's long reaching affects.
I had planned to put in my application to teach at Palmetto next year and all the patterns were ready to send.  All I had to do was get the application form done (it all has to be in by December 1st) and send it off with the patterns but before I did that I thought I'd better check with my travel agent about flights.

My dear friend, who I spend the last week of my trip with, has moved house and is now nearer to another airport so I thought I'd check if I could do the return flight from there.  That's when things went down the pan.  

The lass at the travel agent couldn't help at all.  She said they'd no idea how flights were going to be next year (looking at August) and couldn't give me any advice at all.  It seems that the airlines aren't going to be getting back to 'normal' anytime soon.  

This means that I'm not going to try to 'fly the pond' next year as I don't want to be put in the predicament where flights are  suddenly cancelled or changed or even more transfer problems too.  I think old age is creeping up and I'm not prepared to give myself the worry of taking the trip.  

I'm just so sad.  

The final leaf!



6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

That is very sad. I was talking to someone last week who said she's reluctant to pay for a ticket to UK in case the rules suddenly change. We're all going to have to sit tight for some time longer.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That is sad. My daughter no has two European tours scheduled for next summer, one in June and one in July. The tour company is not able to give any guidance. What a mess!

Maureen said...

There is no “ normal” now, and I read today that New Zealand hasjust cancelled one thousand flights to Australia.”Normal” would mean that the Victorian branch of my family could come to Queensland for Christmas without having to pay $600 for Covid tests for all four of them.
It has become apparent that this pandemic means that Australia is no longer “ one and free”, it has fractured and retreated behind State lines.
That’s a very nice leaf!

Kirsty Miller said...

That’s sad but never say never - you were brave enough to do it in first place in your “older age”, and to me you’ve not aged one bit! Crazier by the day maybe, but that I would never change about you!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks folks for all the comments.
I’m gobsmacked that you read my blog, Kirsty!!! I’m glad you didn’t inherit my crazy genes!!! You cheeky moo!!! Yes as soon as I can travel I will. Meanwhile I’ll just keep annoying everybody online!!!

God's Kid said...

Nice leaf!! :)
So sorry to hear you are not taking the trip and of all the hassles. At least we know you will be safe and sound! ;)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.