4 January 2022

Off to a good start - I think!

Well this is the centre of the doily.  I've chosen a colour that I don't particularly like but I did check before I started that I'd got two balls - just in case I run out.

The doily looks HUGE so I didn't want to run out at all.

I start this project (like the other translations I've done) by scanning the pattern.  Thankfully I forced my brain to learn touch typing when I was 50 and this makes life  a LOT easier.  

I have Google translate on one side of my screen and the jpg of the text on the other side.  I also use 'markup' and make a line that I can move down the page on the jpg as I work otherwise I get into a real mess!!!  I don't speak Dutch so it can prove quite a challenge.

Then every so often I copy the translated text onto a blank copy of Pages.  I work in the cloud so that I can access the whole thing when I sit down eventually to try and work out what I need to do.  Each row is then re-written in 'Jane' so that I can understand what I'm doing.  This is not for the fainthearted!!! 


5 comments:

Madhur Dadlani said...

Love it Jane

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It looks like you're off to a great start!

Jane McLellan said...

Hmm. Sounds laborious. I’m sure it’ll be worth the effort though. The centre makes a pretty motif on its own.

Rose Anne B said...

Kiddos to you for all this work to get to tatting it! 👍👏

God's Kid said...

Great start!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.