10 March 2022

Back to the Coats doily

When I posted the single motif I showed you on Monday I'd already got a lot further ahead due to the TIAS and me not using this blog for a few weeks.

You'll see that I managed to join each motif together and it does lie well. It was a bit of a nightmare but I made a few notes (I think!!) as I went along.

You may wonder at all the markers on the picture but they're there for reasons. The coloured yarn is so I know whether the motif was a first, second or third one and that helped enormously with the joining of them together. 

The pins on the outer edges are to show where I join the next round so now it's 'onwards and upwards'. Well, in theory!!!!

Considering that I've had this pattern for probably sixty years it's about time I conquered it!!!


5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Conquer is a good word! It's great to see your little tips for keeping things in order. I'm guessing you don't join in the wrong place very often!

Jane Eborall said...

Of course I do, Diane!!! BC3 hasn’t learned to follow his own advice yet!!!!

Jane McLellan said...

Better late than never! How many rounds do you plan to do?

Jane Eborall said...

Until I finish or get bored, Jane!!!

God's Kid said...

Fabulous!!! :) I love this doily already!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.