7 March 2022

Coats second attempt

After giving up on the green Coats doily (here's the picture of the doily) because I was going to run out of thread and (mainly) because I didn't like all the fussy picots I went on a high level dive into my stash!!!

I knew I wanted to stick to size 40 thread but also that I needed quite a lot of it too. 

Fortunately I found this gorgeous Coats thread which is old but still fine and that's what I've decided to use. 

I've eliminated all the picots on the rings but have kept them on the chains on the outer row. Why? Well because it'll be easier for joining purposes later!!! Now somebody mentioned working out the joins by scanning the picture and enlarging it. I've already got the full pattern (and all my other leaflet patterns) digitised but when I tried to do this with the Coats one and enlarge the motifs it came out too fuzzy so I'm going to have to work it out from the text alone!!! 

That'll keep me quiet for a while!!


5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

It is pretty thread. Yes, takes a mind shift now to work from an old pattern.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The thread is very pretty, and I like the design much better with fewer picots.

Anonymous said...

That thread is beautiful. I don't mind the picots but that is just me.
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Love the thread, and it looks much better without all the extra picots. Some of those old pictures in the vintage books are just 'dots' of ink. If you magnify them to try to see something more clearly, all you see is little dots. That's probably why your digitized versions are too blurry to enlarge. All those little dots of ink making the original picture.
StephanieW

God's Kid said...

It's gorgeous!!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.