22 March 2022

Continuing from last Monday's blog post

Last week I was talking about the posting the shuttle and an extra half double to make the work neater - see this post.

I did mention that some people reckon that it makes it easier to open the ring if you post the shuttle but I don't understand this as Ive never tried opening a ring from it's base.

So today I'm mainly trying to ensure that people who make mistakes in a ring (which is something I do regularly) don't panic!!!  

Forget trying to open from the base (shuttle posted or not) and go for the last picot in the ring.  There aren't many rings that don't have the 'odd' picot in them whether large or a vsp.  



2 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Right. Thanks. Sometimes I can open a ring no problem and sometimes it’s a battle.

Pigmini said...

It works for me!! Mind you, I was taught by a TOG 'down south'!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.