2 May 2022

A new little pouch

Do you remember my Monday moan from last week about video patterns?  If not then here's the link.  

I really struggled to make this little pouch but got there in the end!!!  

I did this one exactly as the pattern showed but with one difference.  I used an old fashioned press stud to close it.  Here's the pattern I'm talking about.

Now I don't own one of those popper tools anymore as I could never get on with it.  I've decided that the next pouch I make will NOT have a press stud but velcro instead.  

Of course this will add to the problem so BC3 is going to have to have his thinking cap on for the next one!




5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I guess you'll want to attach the velcro before putting the pouch together? Velcro works well for such jobs.

Jane Eborall said...

Exactly, Jane. It’s working out where to place the velcro too. Not only on which pieces but how far up or down the piece!!!

Maureen said...

I think you used Velcro for the shuttle pouches you used to make years ago. It doesn’t last indefinitely though, it fine on the pouches but I’ve had to throw out two pairs of shoes because the Velcro wore out.

Jane Eborall said...

I’ve had the same problem with shoes and velcro too, Maureen. Also found that fabric ‘straps’ stretch as well.

God's Kid said...

Nice pouch!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.