21 June 2022

Another demolition job underway!

This was once a winter sleeveless waistcoat/gilet which I’ve had for probably ten or more years.  I didn’t wear it a lot as there’s a collar on it and that annoyed me after a while!!  I got it out of the wardrobe to take it to the charity shop = BUT.  Hang on.  What shall I do with it?!?!?

There were pockets in it and a very long open ended zip.  This was NOT the easiest demolition job I’ve ever done as the stitching was camouflaged into the fleece.  Here’s the job partway through.  I apologise for not taking a picture earlier but - I forgot!!

The idea is to use the basic part as a lining for another waistcoat.  Mainly because I’m bored to death with my usual winter T-shirts so thought that if I made a waistcoat that I could wear with them I’d feel a happier old git!!!  Wonder if it’ll work?!?!?



4 comments:

Maureen said...

I love following the progress of your recycled garments! But won’t it be difficult to get the collar off?

Jane Eborall said...

Probably, Maureen but it’ll keep me out of trouble for a while!!!

Jane McLellan said...

Sounds like a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Your reconstruction projects always turn out well. I can hardly wait to see the completed transformation of this waistcoat.
StephanieW

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.