15 December 2022

Just a bookmark

Nothing whatever to do with Christmas or anything like that.  

I've got two little girls (10 and 7) living opposite me.  They are truly delightful little ones and I love when I get to do crafts with them and their their grandma too.   

Well they've discovered that they've both got dyslexia and struggle with reading and writing so just for a bit of fun I thought I'd make them a bookmark each.  To see that silly face poking out of the top of a book might just make them smile and encourage them to read,  Fingers crossed.



8 comments:

Mary Anne said...

How thoughtful. Your bookmark makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

That is so neat. How do you do the buttons picots one space buttons 2 spaces

Jane Eborall said...

If you follow the link to the pattern you’ll find how to add the buttons. Basically it’s a normal join to a bead but with a button ‘in the way’!!!! http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/funnyface2.pdf

Rose Anne B said...

Cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I'm sure the girls will love them.
StephanieW

Jane McLellan said...

That’s a great idea. You’ve just given me inspiration for a gift for someone who recently discovered the joy of reading.

God's Kid said...

Nice! :)

GoldenMom said...

Oh, how sweet Jane! I hope your silly faced bookmarks encourage them to read. If they can learn strategies to help with their dyslexia, it will help them as they continue their educations!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.