2 January 2023

Happy New TIAS

Yes today is a global warning - not warming.  
I will be putting out several ‘warnings’ over the next week or so.  They will be about the start of this year’s TIAS on January 11th.  For those who are new to tatting or those who have been tatting forever this is a game in which I release parts of a new pattern every few days.  The introduction to the game can be found at the top left side of this blog.

Most of the fun is in seeing other people’s work (which they send to me and I add to the TIAS blog) and their guesses as to what the finished piece will be.  

The reason for the name ‘Tat It And See’ is that nobody knows what the end result is going to be!!!  Well, I know and my test tatters know but I’m not telling you their names either!!!

Please do try and join in.  Even new tatters should be able to take part and I add in additional help in the pattern and am also here to give further advice as needed.

All I ask is that if you put pictures of your piece on Facebook or elsewhere that you also send them to me for the blog.  Not everybody ‘does’ social media and I don’t have time to ‘harvest’ from other places.

The picture?  Well it’s one of the past TIAS patterns!!!



15 comments:

Pigmini said...

Can't wait!! Have shuttles ready to be wound!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Jane!
Read you soon.
Anne-Marie ( France)

Maureen said...

All Christmas visitors will have departed by then, and the TIAS will be something to look forward to. Thanks for planning it for us.

Jane McLellan said...

So looking forward to the new tat it and see!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Anonymous said...

I’m getting things ready. So happy for your pattern

Anonymous said...

Can’t wait. I love my last year’s dragon.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to starting the year off right! Yay for another TIAS!

tattrldy said...

Oh, goody, goody! Thanks, Jane! I'm looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2023 Jane. Hope you had a lovely holiday.

Rose Anne B said...

I've marked the date on my calandar!
Can't wait for this lovely mystery to challenge my mind on 'what it'll grow up to be'!!!!! Thank you Jane and tester Tatters for helping her out!
Oh yes the Crinoline Lady, I love her!!!

Liyarra said...

Shuttles are already fighting over who gets to play this year. Maybe your warnings should be in Shuttlese telling them to behave and not boot off this year!
Looking forward to another fun TIAS.
Thank you for all the work you put into this Jane ❤️

linda said...

Happy Happy
Linda USA

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to begin.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.